Friday, November 4, 2011

Xcode 4.2 and company name

Well, I got another surprise with Xcode yesterday.  I had upgraded Xcode 4.2 to build 4D199 a few weeks ago.  I was still working on a project.  Everything seemed to be working fine, but I knew I would have some issues when I started a new iOS project because the new version included support for iOS 5.

But I got an extra surprise when the company name changed.  I had used the old standby way of setting the default company name with the command line:

defaults write com.apple.XcodePBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions'{ "ORGANIZATIONNAME" = "YourCompanyName" ; }'

but suddenly I was getting a different company name.

After digging around I found it was getting the name from the Address Book. What I had to do was change My Card to one that had my company name on it.  I had not updated the card for about two years so it seemed to me to be a new change in Xcode.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment