Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update on Redo

Well, there have been some upgrades while I took time off to work on iOS programming and my Ruby teaching material.

RVM

$ rvm --version
rvm 1.9.2 by Wayne E. Seguin (wayneeseguin@gmail.com) [https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/]

Ruby

$ ruby --version
ruby 1.9.3p0 (2011-10-30 revision 33570) [x86_64-darwin11.2.0]

Rails

$ rails --version
Rails 3.1.3

RubyMine

I decided to try RubyMine 4.0 EAP instead of version 3.x.

Use the normal techniques from Hartl's tutorial to setup ruby and rails.  You just had use the appropriate version numbers when setting up Ruby and Rails.

Once everything is installed, just start up RubyMine and use Preferences to setup git and the default Ruby / Rails environment to use.

I setup a new directory for these projects and then created first_app from the tutorial using RubyMine. I did compare to hand generated version and they were the same so I am feeling comfortable with this version of RubyMine.

No comments:

Post a Comment