Sunday, January 1, 2012

iOS SDK Development - new Book

I was taking a class on how to communicate between iOS app and a Ruby on Rails server using JSON when a new book was released (beta) by Pragmatic Programmer.  The book, iOS SDK Development by Chris Adamson and Bill Dudney is spot on for me right now.

I had been taking a cram class from Mattt Thompson that covered this topic but was still emphasized manual memory management and non-storyboard techniques.  Both valuable things to know but Adamson and Dudney's book used ARC and Storyboards and even covers JSON using the new support in iOS 5.   I have to really hustle to keep up with Mattt covering a lot of material in just 3 Saturday sessions of 6 hours each.  That has given me a good base to move ahead.  iOS SDK Development is exactly what I need to fill in some of the blanks and to make the full transition to iOS 5 features.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment